YES, COMPASS LAKE IN THE HILLS FACILITIES ARE AVAILABLE FOR GENERAL RENTAL.
OFFICE PHONE = (850) 579-4303 BETWEEN 9:15am and 4:45pm, every day. [note: the office is closed for lunch around mid-day for 1 hour.]
- At the Main Campus – 10 cabins, Compass Lake duplex, 6 RV sites, 2 tent sites w/power n water (additional tenting is available)
- On Compass Lake – the boat ramp, and the dock (slip rental available)
- At McCormick Lake – the clubhouse, the pavilions, the swimming area, and the boat ramp. The concession is open Friday thru Sunday, 11am till 7pm during the summer.
- The swimming pool is open. Reservations are required.
- Olle’s restaurant is open, Tuesday thru Saturday, dinner hours only, reservations required. [closes for season on Oct 31st]
- The Cove at Compass Lake is open, Wednesday thru Sunday, 11am till 10pm. [on the Compass lakefront just below the lodge area]
- Fishing boats, fishing kayaks, and funyaks are available for rent.
- The Disc Golf course is open.
- The driving range is open.
In describing Compass Lake in the Hills, people say that it is pristine. They say that it’s beautiful. They call it a quiet retreat. In addition, some of the more poetic say that it is like a gentle whisper amidst the rolling hills of the Florida Panhandle. The Community is all of that, but much more. We are a 10,000-acre property located in the middle of Florida’s Panhandle. We are located almost equal distance from the beaches of Panama City and the rolling countryside of Dothan, Alabama. Our community is full of life, vitality, and good fun. We invite you to visit and experience Compass Lake in the Hills.
Visitors will see a natural landscape reminiscent of the Carolina foothills. You will see two of the prettiest lakes in the state, and at every turn, you feel the closing embrace of the forest. In order to experience our part of paradise, plan a “day-cation”, or stay awhile in one of our cabins. The cabins and a duplex rental are located on our main campus. The cabins are large, comfortable, and inexpensive. They are on a bluff overlooking Compass Lake. The duplex is located at the shore of the lake.
Once you have arrived and are comfortable, there is lot’s to do. If you like a slower pace, just relax, read, nap, and snap some pictures. If you feel a little more adventurous there’s boating, fishing, canoeing, swimming, and sunbathing. In addition, while lounging at the pool, you are only a few steps from Olle’s. Olle’s offers a great food experience. The owners of the restaurant are Olle and Riina Kuusik. He has a four-year culinary degree from his native Estonia. You will not be disappointed…the food is exceptional.
Later in the day, you may wish to leave the main campus and take in the sights. McCormick Lake is located a short drive or bicycle ride to the north. The lake is one hundred and fifty acres of unspoiled beauty. Located on the lake is a Clubhouse facility that is available to rent for parties, crafts, weddings, and meetings. Adjacent to the McCormick Clubhouse is a wide and inviting beach area. The beach, dock, and picnic areas are reserved for the exclusive use of member’s and their guests. As you return to the main campus, drive slowly and enjoy the woods, the landscape, and the wildlife. The deer and other wild animals are abundant, and they can often be seen along the roads or just behind some foliage. Have we said enough? Take us up on our invitation. Come visit and stay as long as you like …. maybe forever. Experience the “HOMECOMING.”